For some reason or another, traditional productivity feels like a bad joke to you.
You’re likely gifted, autistic, have ADHD or a chronic health challenge, or had significant (or recent) grief-inducing event, such as divorce, child loss or miscarriage, or parent loss.
You don’t have to identify with those descriptions, but many of our members do.
Because “being productive” is ingrained in our culture as evidence of self worth, willingness to change your approach often requires something significant before you're ready throw your hands up at traditional productivity and planning advice.
We believe you’re already worthy. Your to-do list is irrelevant.
You don't have to DO anything. And we welcome you as you are.
Productivity feels like a dirty word, and yet, you have real tasks you want (and need) to do.
You live in the real world, and you have real shit that needs to get done.
And unfortunately, what I hear from members is that "your brain just doesn’t work the way it used to."
Maybe it's getting to your 40s, or peri-menopause, or grief from life being what it is. Life is complex and over busy for most of us in ways we cannot always change.
Maybe you burnt out at one point, and learned some hard lessons. Now you know you must prioritize self care, but that doesn't make it easy.
Regardless of how you came to where you are, you want a way of working (and balancing real life) that's sustainable so that you can have the impact you want despite any adversities you may be facing.
You care A LOT about your impact and that does NOT make it any easier
You're here for a reason...
- You want to create a positive experience for others via how you show up in the world
- You know the work you're doing could literally change lives
- You care too much about your impact to just say “fuck it” and opt out
That makes the challenges you have sting more because you...
- Experience a lot of self doubt from working in your own unique way
- Feel very lonely, despite the business coach, mastermind, and well-meaning colleagues
- Second guess yourself, because you know you're doing things differently (again!)
- Feel discouraged and unmotivated because of all of the above reasons
The bottom line is you're TRYING to do the right things, and you're tired of being exhausted from working differently.
Being neurodiverse in a neurotypical world is not easy.
It's life on hard mode and I get that because it's my experience too.
You've tried everything...and seriously doubt anything new will really work.
You've likely tried lots of things, including:
- Doing your own Weekly Reviews
- Setting up your own "focus blocks"
- Adopting shiny new Productivity Apps
- Time Blocking / Time Boxing / Calendaring
- Never get very far with your attempts to work in a balanced way
- Often feel doubtful you're really making progress on your goals
- Are super introverted (but still verbally process 🙄 ) and highly skeptical more "people time" will support you
You may have even decided nothing will work for you.
And, nonetheless, somehow you made your way here, despite your skepticism.
You’re curious if this time it could be different.
I’ve got good news... It can be VERY different.
Easy for me to say, I know! But it's true.
I built everything in Aligned Productivity because I needed it for myself . . . and I'm a neurodiverse rebel who's suffered multiple grief-inducing and traumatic events.
No one can tell me what to do—even when I want you to, want to listen, and want to do it.